Please do take care to read the information thoroughly as it is there to help you understand fault codes and to keep you safe. There are also some help, tips and hints with a lot of the fault codes published here that you usually will not find anywhere else and, as we learn, we add more information so if you can't find what you need please ask in the forums.
Before using this section please understand that fault or error codes are used as a diagnostic aid, they are not a replacement for diagnostic skill on the part of the person repairing the product and are not in any way usually going to point to the precise component that is faulty. All they do is give you an idea of where to start looking for the fault.
Samsung washing machine DE error code
Door lock fault not activating in Allocated Time.
North London Appliances Repair forums
We add more information as we learn so if you can't find what you need please ask in the Repair forums.
Door Interlock fault
- Samsung washing machine DE Error code means that the door is open or you may have a fault with the lock. if the door is clearly closed but the machine think it is open, presumably because it’s not getting power passed from the door interlock.
- The first thing to check is that the door is closed properly. When the door is closed, the latch on the door pushes into the door interlock and slides a bar over, it should latch firmly and activate a part inside the lock. At this point the power is passed from one side of the door lock to the other and on to the rest of the machine.
Samsung Washing machine DE error, door detected as being open
- Check door is closed correctly and latched.
- Check door handle for damage or wear.
- Check child safety if this feature is on the machine.
- Check door lock if inoperative replace door lock.
- Check door lock wiring for burnt connections
Before doing any work on the appliance, disconnect it from the electric supply!
- The machine will be displaying the error DE.
- Check the door is shutting correctly.
- Strip down the machine to get access to the door interlock.
- Check wiring harness for signs of burnt connections or broken wires.
- Replace door lock is faulty.
- Reassemble the washing machine test the machine and make sure it starts. If all is ok problem is fixed
Arrange a visit from an Appliance engineer
If you do need an engineer to visit your home, help is at hand. We’ll arrange for an engineer near you to call in and fix your appliance, at a time that’s suitable for you.
Book online or give us a call on 0208 226 3633
London Only - Coverage Area | ( Monday - Friday: 8:00 - 20:00 / Saturday: 09:00 - 18:00 )
Warning! To avoid personal injury or death, always unplug the appliance or disconnect the power before attempting any repairs. Always turn off the gas at the source before repairing any gas appliance. Always wear safety glasses when using tools. Keep loose clothing and hair away from any moving parts. Safety is of major importance when performing any service or repair on any electrical appliance. Please, read our disclaimer before proceeding.